Directors & Officers
Directors and officers insurance is a vital policy for any company as it can protect an individual against claims made within their own organisation, from their shareholders, fellow employees and regulatory bodies.
With associated legal defence costs, even winning a legal case can be an expensive process. That’s why it is so important that directors and officers insurance should be just as fundamental as your other insurance policies.
With a variety of cover available to include damages, judgements, settlements, crisis costs, PR costs and legal representation expenses to name but a few – our team will ensure that you are fully protected.
Key features of a directors and officers insurance policy from Wright Insurance Brokers include:
- Covers the entity and insured persons including any director or officer, members of the board of management and management committee members.
- Damages include pre-judgement and post-judgement interest and where insurable, exemplary and liquidated damages up to the limit of liability.
- Fraud, personal profit and remuneration clauses do not apply until there has been a finding of guilt.
- Automatic coverage for new subsidiaries created or acquired outside of the USA/Canada.
- Automatic coverage for private share offerings.
Directors and officers insurance may also come with additional benefits such as:
- Cover for spouse or civil partners of directors or officers.
- Run off cover for retired directors and officers.
- Legal costs for representation at a formal investigation, including the office of the director of corporate enforcement.
- Cover for health and safety authority investigations.
- Costs towards reputational protection in the event of a claim.
All directors and officers insurance benefits are subject to the terms and conditions of the policy.