Congratulations to Trudies Catering Kitchen which was announced as Food & Beverage Producer of the Year in the 2018 Wexford Business Awards.
The prestigious awards ceremony, organised annually by Wexford Chamber, recognises the talent and commitment of companies operating in a variety of business sectors. This is a key date in the Wexford business calendar with almost 500 local business people in attendance at the black-tie event held in Clayton Whites Hotel.
Wright Insurance Brokers is proud to sponsor the Food & Beverage Producer of the Year Award in association with the Wexford Food Family. This is a newly introduced category that recognises the superior quality and excellence which is found among food and beverage producers. The shortlisted finalists for the category were: Trudies Catering Kitchen, O’Neills Dry Cure Bacon, Yellow Belly Beer, Naturally Cordial, and Macamore Buffalo. Business owners presented their business operation to an independent judging panel which included a representative from Bord Bia. Criteria included:
- Uniqueness of the brand and quality in products, services or delivery mechanisms. How do they bring added value to business performance, productivity, customer engagement or customer satisfaction.
- Benefits generated by the business for the wider community, locally, regionally or nationally.
- Evidence of collaborative working arrangements, joint ventures, or other initiatives undertaken with other County Wexford regional, national, or international businesses, organisations, clubs, societies.
- Existence of management or quality control system, formal and informal, that ensure the high standard of consistent delivery of the product or service and monitoring of customer feedback.
- Commitment to staff training and development programmes or investment in harnessing the skills, knowledge, competencies and resources of industry best practice or other improvements in the past 12 months.
- Participation in sales and marketing activities, both online and offline, that demonstrate business performance, presence, awareness, sales leads, conversions, and growth.
The judging process was challenging given the diversity and quality of all five of the shortlisted businesses. We congratulate all of those shortlisted for the award and give special recognition to O’Neills Dry Cure Bacon who came in second place behind category winner Trudies Catering Kitchen.
Wexford is certainly home to some of the finest food and beverage producers both at home and abroad!