Call Us:
0818 22 3000


Find Us:

The Bushels, Cornmarket,
Telephone: +353 53 9155 600
Fax: +353 53 9152 821

How to make a claim:

In the event of a motor claim?

In the event of a breakdown?

In the event of a home claim?

Need help?

Can't find what you need? Visit the Frequently Asked Questions page


Government advice for residents in Ireland with UK Driving Licences

The UK is due to leave the European Union on 31st October 2019. While there is still a lot of uncertainty, it’s important for you to be aware of what Brexit may mean for your business and your daily life.

Latest advice

If you hold a UK driving licence and are resident in Ireland, you should apply to exchange your UK licence for an Irish licence. Immediately post-Brexit, UK licences will not be valid for those who are resident in Ireland.

You should contact the National Driver Licence Service for further details. The NDLS has also published some useful FAQs on its website.

In a no deal scenario and without such an agreement, this would mean that if you are resident in Ireland and have not exchanged your UK driving licence before the UK leaves the EU, you will need to apply for an Irish licence. Currently this involves completing a theory test, a course of driver training and passing a driving test.

UK licence holders who are visiting Ireland for up to 12 months will still have their licences recognised post-Brexit.

For further information, please click on the link below to read the full update on the government website

Benefit from our claims support service