With just weeks remaining until the return of the National Ploughing Championships, Wright Insurance Brokers are delighted to announce that they will be attending this years’ Ploughing Championships and will have a stand at the ‘InCarlow’ Pavilion. Make sure to visit us in Block 2, Row 20, Stand 438 where one of our friendly staff will be waiting to talk to you about your insurance needs.
As you may know the National Ploughing Championships are being held between 17th -19th September 2019 in Ballintrane, Fenagh, Co. Carlow where over 250,000 people will the event.
Some interesting facts about the National Ploughing Championships:
- Around 250,000 people are expected to travel to Ballintrane, Fenagh, Co Carlow for the 88th National Ploughing Championships, Europe’s largest outdoor exhibition and agricultural trade show. The first championship took place in 1931 when nine counties competed on the ‘plains of Kildare’ at Coursetown, Athy
- Visitors to last year’s event spent more than €36 million over three days, resulting in a tax take of more than €6.6 million for the Exchequer
- Of those attending, 63 per cent were male and 37 per cent female, farmers accounted for 35 per cent of the attendance, 18 per cent were visiting the Championships for the first time while 58 per cent attend annually. Nearly a quarter of those attending were between 41 and 50 years of age
- More than €7 million was spent on personal shopping, trade purchases of over €9.6 million were made last year while spending on food totalled €9.5 million
- More than 25 kilometres of track have been laid for this year’s event, which will cover over 700 acres with more than 1,700 exhibitors
Source: The Business Post