Directors & Officers
Directors and officers insurance is a vital policy for any company as it can protect an individual against claims made within their own organisation, from their shareholders, fellow employees and regulatory bodies.
With associated legal defence costs, even winning a legal case can be an expensive process. That’s why it is so important that directors and officers insurance should be just as fundamental as your other insurance policies.
With a variety of cover available to include damages, judgements, settlements, crisis costs, PR costs and legal representation expenses to name but a few – our team will ensure that you are fully protected.
Key features of a directors and officers insurance policy from Wright Insurance Brokers include:
- Covers the entity and insured persons including any director or officer, members of the board of management and management committee members.
- Damages include pre-judgement and post-judgement interest and where insurable, exemplary and liquidated damages up to the limit of liability.
- Fraud, personal profit and remuneration clauses do not apply until there has been a finding of guilt.
- Automatic coverage for new subsidiaries created or acquired outside of the USA/Canada.
- Automatic coverage for private share offerings.
Directors and officers insurance may also come with additional benefits such as:
- Cover for spouse or civil partners of directors or officers.
- Run off cover for retired directors and officers.
- Legal costs for representation at a formal investigation, including the office of the director of corporate enforcement.
- Cover for health and safety authority investigations.
- Costs towards reputational protection in the event of a claim.
All directors and officers insurance benefits are subject to the terms and conditions of the policy.
Talk to Pamela
Not quite sure? We’re here to help with advice on your insurance needs. Call us on 0818 22 3000 or fill in the form below and our specialist will be in touch by phone or email.
Current Cover Position – Qudos Insurance A/S
In line with Central Bank of Ireland recommendations, we are pleased to advise our clients who hold a Qudos policy that Patrona has offered alternative insurance options to address any further concerns. Wright Insurance Brokers has accepted this invitation and has undertaken the cancellation of all Qudos policies on behalf of any of our affected clients, creating new policies with alternative insurance providers. This has been undertaken at no cost or adverse effect to our clients. New documents reflecting these new insurance arrangements will be issued to you shortly noting the following:
- Your new policy will run to their current renewal dates
- Policy terms and conditions remain as before
- Claims to be reported as normal to Wright Insurance Brokers
You do not need to take any further action at this time. If you have any concerns or queries in relation to this please contact us.